Flying is one of my main hobbies, and being a big traveller, I have had the chance to fly to all inhabited continents on the planet – but some of these flights have taken longer than others!
The longest flight I have ever taken is the Singapore Airlines flight from Singapore Changi back to London, which takes roughly 14 hours (sometimes slightly less). However, I have flown innumerable times on flights of 9 or 10 hours, including Singapore to Cape Town, Johannesburg to Dubai, Seoul to Dubai, Singapore to Auckland, Tokyo to Los Angeles, and Los Angeles to Seoul! I had a great time on all of these flights, but there are some flights out there that top them in terms of duration…
Here’s the 10 longest flights in existence, as of April, 2017, in ascending order:
10. American Airlines Flight AA125, Dallas – Hong Kong, 16 hours 20 minutes
9. Qatar Airways Flight QR739, Doha – Los Angeles, 16 hours 25 minutes
8. Etihad Flight EY171, Abu Dhabi – Los Angeles, 16 hours 30 minutes
7. Emirates Flight(s) EK215 & EK217, Dubai – Los Angeles, 16 hours 35 minutes
6. Delta Airlines Flight DL201, Johannesburg – Atlanta, 16 hours 50 minutes
5. Saudia Flight SV41, Jeddah – Los Angeles, 16 hours 55 minutes
4. Qantas Flight QF8, Dallas – Sydney, 16 hours 55 minutes
3. Singapore Airlines Flight SQ31, San Francisco – Singapore, 17 hours 15 minutes
2. Emirates Flight EK449, Auckland – Dubai, 17 hours 25 minutes
1. Qatar Airways Flight QR921, Auckland – Doha, 17 hours 40 minutes
What is the longest flight you have taken on your travels? Have you experienced any of the 10 flights listed in this article?