Some people come to Bali to lay on the beach and enjoy the hotel pool. That’s all very well, but if you like adventure like me, then what are the best things to see and do during your time on the island? For some Itinerary Advice, I have listed 10 suggestions for every taste and budget while in Bali!
10. Waterbom Bali is generally rated as being one of the best waterparks in Asia, and in its tropical setting for the whole family, not many people are going to argue with that rating. It’s a great day out and will keep the kids happy all day long! http://waterbom-bali.com/
9. Menjangan Island is like an adventure island for people who want to get away from the main island itself. On Menjangan, you can find watersports aplenty and it is unquestionably the best place in Bali for snorkelling and diving.
8. Tirta Gangga is a resplendent Balinese water palace which is situated in large grounds, most of which can be explored. Many ponds and pagodas you will see here, and this is a popular Hindu place of worship, as the water is said to have special healing powers.
7. Bali Bird Park is certainly something for the whole family – but especially the youngsters! Located near Gianyar, this popular tourist haunt is full of colourful birds and reptiles, and is actually quite educational, too. http://www.bali-bird-park.com/
6. Ubud Market is a place where you can find local handicrafts and souvenirs in an almost-genuine setting (well, as genuine as you can get in Bali). It is always important to immerse yourself in the local culture when travelling, and the marketplaces of Ubud are a prime place to do this. Maybe find yourself some local food while you’re here?!
5. Campuhan Ridge Walk is arguably the best way to see Bali’s famous rice terraces that are scattered around Ubud. The walk around Campuhan can be taken with a guide or independently and you will find so many photo opportunities!
4. Bali Safari & Marine Park in Gianyar is a place where you can experience something a little different and perhaps encounter some big animals that you wouldn’t normally see in Bali! The whole place is very professional and certainly one of the top zoos/safari parks in South East Asia. Certainly worth the admission fee! http://www.balisafarimarinepark.com/
3. Taman Ayun is arguably the finest Hindu temple in the centre of Bali and it has an incredible atmosphere unlike no other. There are many temples and water palaces around the island, but Taman Ayun is something extra special, as the grounds are so beautiful.
2. Mount Agung is Bali’s epic active volcano, located to the north east of Ubud. While you can climb the volcano if you wish, to set sight on Agung is a wonder in itself – especially during sunrise! When you’re in Ubud, make sure you include some time with your guide/driver to come and get a closer inspection of this incredible volcano.
1. Tanah Lot has to be the number one attraction on the island. Located in the south west of Bali, Pura Tanah Lot is a beachside Hindu temple that has some stunning natural scenery, and to watch the sunset here (as many people do) is a true thing of paradise!
Whatever attractions on the island you decide to put on your itinerary, don’t forget to try the sumptuous Balinese cuisine! You will not regret it!