Singapore has year-round tropical heat and humidity. So when you need to cool down, what better way than with some ice cream or frozen yogurt? From Singaporean start-ups, to imports from around the globe, there are so many delectable ice cream parlours and froyo shops now in the country! Let’s examine 10 of the very best:
10. Ice Queen is a fairly new liquid nitrogen ice cream parlour that has its humble beginnings, but is now taking on a more famous role. Some of their presentations are completely unlike anything else around. A lot of effort has gone into this brand and you can be sure of a tasty liquid nitrogen ice cream whenever you visit! https://www.facebook.com/icequeensg/
9. CoYoRo introduced to Singapore a unique concept of rolled ice cream, which actually originated in Thailand. It is certainly a new way to enjoy ice cream on a steamy day and it’s quite affordable too! https://www.facebook.com/coyoro.singapore/
8. llaollao is a Spanish import and now has nearly 2 dozen outlets across the island. Queues for llaollao’s sumptuous frozen yogurt are understandably long because of the sheer sexiness of the stuff! It literally looks as good as it tastes! http://www.llaollaoweb.com/sg/llaollao-sg
7. Tsujiri is a Japanese dessert house which specialises in all things matcha. With a history going back over 150 years in the ancient Japanese capital of Kyoto, Tsujiri certainly knows how to make their products to a high standard, and offer a wide selection of green tea-based desserts and beverages. http://www.tsujiri.sg/
6. BeeGurt is another one of the new kids on the block and their tasty frozen yogurt is uniquely topped in fresh honeycomb to give it a wild taste. Their outlets usually open until at least midnight, so it’s a great option to have on the way back from the bar or the cinema! As of April 2016, it seems that unfortunately BeeGurt has closed.
5. Nookie Yogurt lays claim to being one of the newer dessert chains in Singapore, but it has already won rave reviews from critics and customers alike. The unbelievable flavours they have on offer, such as Mango Sticky Rice, means that there is always something unique to find at Nookie! https://www.facebook.com/Nookie-Yogurt-1593137094255723/
4. Yoguru is one of Singapore’s best frozen yogurt manufacturers. In fact, you could say they are the ‘gurus’ indeed! Their pricing structure means that you can choose your flavour of yogurt and choose the toppings all by yourself, which is like DIY froyo! https://www.facebook.com/yoguru/
3. Nunsongyee is the finest Korean bingsu chain currently operating in Singapore, and there is currently a large wave of these bingsu chains invading the island. One visit to Nunsongyee to indulge in their gourmet shaved ice desserts will convince you never to try their rivals! https://www.facebook.com/nunsongyeeburghleydrive/
2. Pong Gelato is the finest seller of I-dtim Mat Phrao, which is the Thai name for coconut ice cream. Using coconut milk, not cow’s milk, Pong Gelato are building up a good brand in Singapore at the moment, and the fact that they serve the ice cream in a coconut shell is certainly a unique selling point! https://www.facebook.com/pong.gelato/
1. Milkcow is certainly the number one ice cream and frozen yogurt brand in Singapore right now! During busy times, you may have to queue for quite some time before you get served your soft serve, such is the popularity of the place. I loved the Popcorn and Candy Floss flavours, I haven’t had anything as unique as those in a long time! The thing about Milkcow that differentiates it from the rest is that it not only tastes good, but looks good too – and in the Age of Instagram, that’s always a good way to spread word of mouth! https://www.facebook.com/MilkCow.Sg/
What kind of ice cream takes your fancy?
This page was last updated on 27 April 2016. Please report any dead links.