Asia is known to be hot, humid, and sticky, so a great way of cooling down is to hit the local water park for some aquatic fun with friends! This can be said of people all over the world, including the Americans who have some incredible Disney water parks such as Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon to enjoy. But what are the finest water parks specifically in Asia and the Middle-East? Let’s count up from 5-1:
5. Happy Magic Cube in Beijing is the world’s largest indoor water park and is in fact situated inside the Olympic Swimming Venue from the 2008 Games. It really is unique inside with great colours to enchant you, as well as having some amazing attractions! If you can brave the crowds, then you will have a great day out here! http://www.waterpark-watercube.com/English/
4. Waterbom is known to be a secure tropical paradise on the tiny island of Bali. Located in the Kuta area of Bali, Waterbom has incredible slides for the thrillseekers and lazy rivers for the young at heart! There’s something so enchanting and relaxing about water slides in the tropics – just watch out for those monkeys! http://waterbom-bali.com/
3. Water Kingdom in Mumbai is part of the Essel World theme park complex, and is known as being the largest water park in Asia. Families and tourists from all over western India come here for a great day out in great weather. You will really be surprised how a water park in India can be so good! http://www.waterkingdom.in/ew/home
2. Yas Waterworld in Abu Dhabi is an amazing park full of exciting slides (43 to be precise) and intricate family oriented attractions. It is one of Abu Dhabi’s top attractions and is known as one of the top water parks in the world, not just in the Middle-East. http://yaswaterworld.com/en
How does Yas Waterworld compare to another of the United Arab Emirates major water parks, Wild Wadi? Check out my comparison!
1. Ice Land in Ras al Khaimah brings the unique sight of snow and frozen tundra to the hot deserts of the Middle-East! Despite only being open for a few years, Ice Land has established itself as arguably the top water park outside of the US, and it provides a cheap and entertaining day out for the whole family! There really is something very special about enjoying a hot water park amidst the ‘snow-capped’ peaks of Ice Land! http://www.icelandwaterpark.com/
Honourable mentions must go to Wild Wadi and Atlantis in Dubai, Caribbean Bay in Seoul, Sunway Lagoon in Malaysia, and Adventure Cove in Singapore! So what are your favourite water parks in Asia? Tell me if you disagree with my choices!