I can confirm that as soon as you land in Dubai and leave the airport there is a certain buzz about the place, which can only be rivalled by perhaps the feeling of landing in Hong Kong. Dubai is renowned for its luxurious attractions and here I will countdown what I consider to be the best of the lot, from 10-1:
10. Despite being in the middle of the desert and surrounded by vast open sand dunes, Ski Dubai is an indoor ski centre located within the Mall of the Emirates, and is a welcome respite from the heat! You can spend hours and hours in here and genuine Emirati hospitality will provide you with lots of fun for all the family!
9. The Dubai Mall is the largest shopping mall in the world and even has its own aquarium! There are so many shops and restaurants here it will take you all day to browse through them. A great place for dining, it is mainly known for its luxury brands and high-end retail opportunities. It is also home to a SEGA Republic indoor theme park, and an ice rink!
8. Jumeirah Beach is the premier beach on the Arabian Gulf and is home to many luxury hotels, including the famous Burj Al Arab. Although much of Jumeirah Beach is exclusively for the hotel guests, the beach has a public park which is a great place for a spot of sunbathing, swimming, and other family activities. Lifeguards are on duty.
7. The Dubai Creek is where it all began for Dubai. Nowadays, the magical waterway can be travelled using abras, small boats that carry passengers from one side of the creek to the other. It is a good way to cool down by the water’s edge and perhaps check out the fascinating Al Bastakia Quarter for a history lesson!
6. A great place to come and watch the rich and famous is Dubai Marina. It is very similar to The Pearl in Qatar or Yas Marina in Abu Dhabi, especially with all the amazing yachts on display! At night, the whole marina takes a very different atmosphere and is a great place to have dinner!
5. Wild Wadi is surely one of the best water parks in the region and its location beside Jumeirah Beach means that many people flock here when they’ve had enough of the sea! Make sure you try out Wild Wadi’s number one slide: the Jumeirah Sceirah!
4. Known as being the world’s only 7 star hotel, the Burj Al Arab, located on the pristine Jumeirah Beach, has became something of an icon for Dubai and its love of luxury! Although rooms here cost upwards of £1000 per night (!), it is possible to visit the bar and tearoom up top, although you need to book in advance and dress to impress.
3. One of the best water parks in the whole United Arab Emirates is Atlantis – The Palm. Yet unlike Wild Wadi, Atlantis is so much more than a water park, for there is also an aquarium, a shopping centre, and a luxury hotel on its grounds! And at the Atlantis ‘Dolphin Bay’, there is also an opportunity to swim with dolphins!
2. Burj Khalifa is the tallest skyscraper in the world – by a long way! The views of the amazing glass structure are incredible from the ground, but if you pay to go all the way up to the observation deck, the views you will have will last you a lifetime!
1. Situated at the foot of Burj Khalifa, and next to the Dubai Mall, the Dubai Fountains have long since entertained holidaymakers in the emirate. They were modelled after the Bellagio Fountains in Las Vegas. Although the fountains are in action at various intervals throughout the day, it is best to see them at night! A great way to end your day in Dubai!
Dubai may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but there are surely a few major attractions here that everyone has to try to visit at least once in their lives! Have I missed out anything obvious in the my top 10 attractions of Dubai? Let me know in the comments section below!